Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

Bottling


In my current location I am using .62 ltr bottles originally containing “Gazelle” beer produced by the local brewery here. It is the “poor man'’s” beer in this country. A low alcohol content and cane sugar adjunct but it is generally drinkable and cheap. I drank my way through about ten crates to generate my bottle inventory. Since I move around quite a lot, I usually arrive in an area and shop around for beers utilizing bottles I might like. In Germany for example, I use the standard .5 liter returnables that are everywhere. I lived in Haiti for awhile and they had excellent 12 ounce returnable in a shape and thickness I had never seen anywhere else.
These gazelle bottles are unique for me to. Two racks, consisting of 16 bottle each make up a little over 5 gallons, so they work out pretty well. I have always capped, never buying the “Grolsch” style ceramic caps. I have drank the real thing when I lived in Holland but I wasn’t brewing back then. I have thought about converting to these type of bottles but I realized I don't really mind capping bottles. In fact, I kind of like it. So, I stick with returnables.

homebrewlog

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?